This is my first attempt to post from email, so I’m not sure what the format will be like. The text is interspersed with images, but I suspect the images will wind up out of place….
These are my notes for the session on games in learning, presented by Peter de Lilse and Janet Thomson.
- What games did you play as a child?
- What did you learn through them?
- Are all games competitive? Fun? Easy? About winning and losing?
- What is real learning?
- How can games promote that?
Games: do’s and don’ts
- What games have you tried? For yourself? In class?
- Mine craft – running a town, construction
- Candy crush – perseverance
Evernote helps you remember everything and get organized effortlessly. Download Evernote.